Surbhi Srivastava, Mumbai India
GRE Score- 330 Verbal- 164 Quant- 166
Tata Institute of Social Sciences
I recently took the GRE after having enrolled with Galvanize for their 45-day crash course. I scored 164 in Verbal and 166 in Quant on my first attempt. Reasons for why Galvanize was helpful are as follows-
- Galvanize suited me because they had a plan which fit within my time-limit and was affordable for me. I also felt that with my basic knowledge I did not need more than 45 days as that would only lead to burn-out. But for those who need more time, Galvanize has longer packages which I felt were more economical than the ones in the market.
- I liked the general layout of the Galvanize platform as it made doing tasks systematic. I’m a check-box type of person so I like to set short goals and check them off my list. For that, Galvanize provided short tasks on a daily basis that I just had to finish without worrying about what to do next.
- Both the Verbal and Quant sections of Galvanize were comprehensive and focused on getting basics right to solve every question. I also preferred to understand general strategies rather than learning how to do every sum. For that, the Galvanize instructors were very helpful as they did not hesitate to digress during the lesson if some helpful strategy or concept needed to be discussed.
My experience was that you need to be smart about how you spend your time preparing. Know your strengths and know your weaknesses. Move within the sections as that turned out to be the biggest lesson that Galvanize taught me !
Shyam Ravishankar, Chennai India
GRE Score- 332 Verbal- 165 Quant- 167
Score Improvement- 26
Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering
I want to say a big thank you to Galvanize for my GRE Prep! The Personalized Study Plan and top notch study material helped me understand and focus on my strengths and weaknesses. I was able to achieve my dream score of 330+ thanks to your fantastic GRE Course! I want to say a big thank you to Galvanize for my GRE Prep! “I was able to achieve my dream score of 330+ thanks to your fantastic GRE Course!”
Prakhar Maini, USA
GRE Score- 331 Verbal- 163 Quant- 168
Galvanize on its own is a good program. Some of the features I liked most were:
- The Vocab Prep App is a user friendly application that actually helps drives results. One of the most effective learning tools that I have experienced so far.
- The mock tests are of good quality and very close in difficulty with the actual exam.
- The Galvanize GRE prep App helps with learning on-the-go. Again a very smooth experience just as in the case with vocab app.
- The Essay type question templates are very good.
Overall, my experience with Galvanize has been productive and fruitful. I was engaged with the whole experience and was able to score good with it’s help (331/340).
Sarang Adalja, Gujarat India
GRE Score- 332 Verbal- 163 Quant- 169
I would strongly recommend Galvanize Test Prep for the GRE. I prepared for 2.5 months, averaging 3-4 hrs/day
For the Quant Section – The tests on the online platform of Galvanize have a plethora of questions for each topic with different difficulty levels which would be the perfect preparation for test day.
By practising on the Galvanize platform as well as additionally on Readtheory, the tricks to solve the RC’s can easily be mastered. Galvanize will also personally guide you if you are finding it difficult to understand on your own. I also found that the Galvanize Vocab builder was very helpful when it came to learning GRE words.
That being said how you prepare is very important – Focus on your mistakes and why you made it. That is the most important thing which will increase your marks drastically. Thank you Galvanize!